IPOB PRESS RELEASE
November 29 2022 | IPOB
We the global movement and family of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Okwu KANU have a burning question to ask the world community. Why is the righteous minded global conscience of both poor and rich nations, the United States of America so loudly silent in the matter of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu? Their silence in this case of great concern to over seventy million Biafrans is deafening!
We know through history that it was the United States of America who acted as the world’s conscience to challenge some European countries after the World wars and compelled them to let their colonized African nations go with flag independence from 1950s. The contraption known as Nigeria is one of such countries that gained their false independence during that era.
Dear USA, we the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) call upon you today to complete the work you started then.
African nations are still trapped in false amalgamation that were not germane to their ethnic makeups. In the case of Nigeria, the colonial masters are still using their influence to oppress the Indigenous nations. One such situation has caused us to rise up and cry out. Nigeria is polluting our land through oil exploration and extraction and when we ask them to clean it up, they kill our people, raze down our communities, bribe our leaders and few politicians, and place other heavy burdens of oppression on us in order to shut us up.
As if all the oppression is not enough, the Fulani terrorist herdsmen have entered Nigeria with a jihadi agenda that has been supported by the Nigerian Fulani politicians. This Fulanized Nigeria government has extraordinarily renditioned the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya to Nigeria. Mazi Nnamdi KANU is not a Nigeria citizen but has for a long time taken up British citizenship.
But our questions to the Government of the United States Of America, the world’s most powerful Nations and the Police of the free world are as follows:
1. Why did US Government keep mute during the Biafra genocidal war by the Nigerian Government with support from the Britain and her allies where over 5 million innocent Biafran lives were wasted between 1967 to 1970 and till date?
2. Why does the US Government keep mute in the face of extraordinary rendition of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Nigerian Government in violation of international law and protocols?
3. Why has the USA Government still kept mute in the face of continued illegal detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Nigeria Government and even after competent Courts in Nigeria (Court of Appeal, Abuja and Umuahia High Court) pronounced him discharged and acquitted since 13th October 2022 and October 27, 2022 respectively and thereby violating his human and fundamental rights?
4. Why is the US Government still keeping mute and not prevailing on the Nigerian Government to commence the process of self-determination referendum so Biafran People can determine their future to either remain a part of Nigeria or become a separate independent country?
5. What is the US Government benefiting from the very corrupt and corruption ravaged Nigeria Governance system that warrant their long silence on the ongoing genocide against Biafrans and total disregard to international laws and protocols in the case of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu?
Africa, the Gulf of Guinea and by extension, the world will not know peace until the question of Biafra, Nigeria’s forced amalgamation and artificial borders created by colonial masters are addressed.
US Government, a supposed upholder of democracy in the World, human rights protector, and global Police, the world is watching you.
The US Government must rise up and do the needful in the case of Biafra, if it is to redeem its image and integrity globally.
Nigerian Government has held Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in solitary confinement for more than sixteen months in the dungeons the Directorate of State Services, DSS. They have denied Mazi Nnamdi Kanu appropriate medication for his medical conditions, his prayer paraphernalia, and even food whilst in their illegal detention. The Nigerian Court of Appeal in Abuja, has heard the criminal charges laid against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Nigerian Government and duly acquitted and discharged him of all the charges against him in the Nigerian court system, but the Nigerian Government continues to unlawfully hold him in DSS solitary confinement in violation of orders of the court.
IPOB needs the help and intervention of the Government of the United States of America in gaining the unconditional release of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and in facilitating a free and fair self-determination referendum in Biafraland, supervised by the United Nations for the restoration of Biafra as a sovereign independent state among the league of nations.
The whole World is watching the US government led by President Joe Biden on its inaction on the Biafra case in Nigeria. The US Government cannot claim that its US embassy in Abuja, Nigeria is not providing it accurate information on the ongoing Genocide, repression and oppression against the Indigenous peoples of Biafra being carried out in their homeland by the Nigerian Government in the name of the contraption packaged together by Britain in 1914.
COMRADE EMMA POWERFUL, MEDIA AND PUBLICITY SECRETARY FOR IPOB.